Know the pre-requisites for a remote installation of the CSA or SA in Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Before performing Remote Install on Windows Vista or Windows 7, do the following:
- Make sure that the Remote Registry service is running.
- Go to Start > Run.
- Type "services.msc".
- Make sure that the status of Remote Registry is set to "Started".
- Disable Windows Firewall.
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Click Windows Firewall and select Change settings.
- Turn off Windows Firewall.
- Enable and use the built-in administrator account for performing a remote installation.
You may also use the Control Panel to enable the built-in administrator account.
- Go to %windir%\system32.
- Right-click CMD.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Run "net user administrator /active:yes" on the command prompt.
Make sure that the built-in administrator account has a password. Otherwise, you will get an error message saying "Administrator is restricted".
- Disable the User Account Control (UAC) if you are logged in using a user-created administrator account.
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- Click User Accounts.
- Choose Turn User Account Control on or off.
- Uncheck the Use user account (UAC) to help protect your computer check box.
For Windows 7, go to Control Panel > User accounts > Change User Account Control Settings and move the slider to Never notify.
- Make sure that you can access the local computer via network share.
- From the Security Server, go to Start > Run.
- Type the following:
file://<IP of the workstation>\C$
If an issue occurs after performing the above steps, contact Trend Micro Technical Support for further assistance.