This setting is useful for clients/agents that are disconnected from the OfficeScan server. When in Roaming Mode, the clients will take the updates directly from the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate server rather than from the internal OfficeScan server.
To enable Roaming Mode/Independent Mode:
- Log on to the OfficeScan server console.
- Go to Networked Computers > Client Management or Agents > Agent Management.
- Select the domain, group, or machine of the remote/roaming clients and then click Settings > Privileges and other Settings.
- Under Privileges, tick the Enable roaming checkbox.
- Under Other Setting, select the following options:
- Clients download updates from the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate Server or OfficeScan agents download updates from the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate Server.
- Enable scheduled update or Enable schedule-based updates on OfficeScan agents.
- Click Apply to All Clients or Apply to All Agents.
This does not enable the Roaming Mode on the clients, but adds a new option in the client console to enable Roaming Mode.
- To enable the Roaming Mode, client users need to right-click the client console and then select "Enable roaming mode".
The client icon appearance will change after Roaming Mode is enabled.