- Check and uninstall any security software on the Macintosh computer.
- Obtain the client installation package (tmsminstall.mpkg.zip) from the Trend Micro Security Server and copy it to the computer. To obtain the package, do one of the following:
- On the Trend Micro Security Server web console, select Preferences > Plug-ins.
- Under Trend Micro Security (for Mac), click Manage Program.
- Then go to Administration > Client Setup Files and click the link under Client Installation File.
- Go to ..\TMSM_HTML\ClientInstall and look for the tmsminstall.mpkg.zip file.
- Copy and then launch the package on the Macintosh computer. Launching the package unarchives the tmsminstall.mpkg file.
Note: The files on the package may become corrupted if users launch the package using archiving tools not built-in on the Mac. Instruct users to launch the package using built-in archiving tools, such as Archive Utility.To launch the file from the command line, use the command:ditto -xk tmsminstall.mpkg.zip <destination folder>
- Launch tmsminstall.mpkg. When a message prompts you to continue with the installation, click Continue.
- On the Introduction page, click Continueto proceed.
- On the Installation Type page, click Install.
- Fill in the Name and Password fields to begin the installation process.
Note: Specify the name and password for an account with administrative rights on the computer.
- Click Close to finish the installation process.
The security client automatically registers to the WFBS server where the client installation package was obtained. The client also updates for the first time.
- Perform client post installation tasks immediately after installing the MAC client protection.
If the procedure fails, contact Trend Micro Technical Support.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Installing Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) MAC Client Protection on a single computer
Thank you for your feedback!