- Check and uninstall any security software on the Macintosh computer.
- Obtain the client installation package (tmsminstall.mpkg.zip) from the Trend Micro Security Server and copy it to the computer. To obtain the package:
- On the Trend Micro Security Server web console, go to Preferences > Plug-ins.
- Under Trend Micro Security (for Mac) click Manage Program.
- Go to Administration > Client Setup Files and click the link under Client Installation File.
- Go to ..\TMSM_HTML\ClientInstall and look for the tmsminstall.mpkg.zip file.
- Copy and then launch the package on the Macintosh computer with Apple Remote Desktop. Launching the package unarchives the tmsminstall.mpkg file.
Note: The files on the package may become corrupted if users launch the package using archiving tools not built-in on the Mac. Instruct users to launch the package using built-in archiving tools, such as Archive Utility.To launch the file from the command line, use the following command:ditto -xk tmsminstall.mpkg.zip <destination folder>
- Open Apple Remote Desktop on the computer.
- Select the computers on which the client will be installed and click Install.
- On the Install Packages page, drag the installation package or click + to locate the installation package.
- Click Save to automatically run the installation task on the new computers connected to the network.
- Click Install. The Apple Remote Desktop starts installing the client to the selected computers.
If the installation is successful on all computers, the message "Install Packages: Succeeded on all" appears. Otherwise, "Successful" appears under Task Status for each computer where the installation was successful.Clients automatically register to the server where the client installation package was obtained. Clients also update for the first time.
- Perform client post installation tasks immediately after installing MAC Client Protection.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Installing the MAC Client Protection of Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) in several computers
Thank you for your feedback!