You can do this procedure when:
- You want to stop the Security Agent from running.
- You want to reload the Security Agent.
- Troubleshooting Security Agent issues.
To unload the Security Agent:
- Right-click the Security Agent icon on your Windows system tray.
Select Exit Security Agent.
If prompted, enter the password to unload Security Agent.
To make sure that the Security Agent is unloaded, open the Microsoft Windows Services console(services.msc) and stop the following services:
- Trend Micro Application Control Service (Agent)
- Trend Micro Common Client Solution Framework
- Trend Micro Endpoint Sensor Engine Wrapper (Applicable for WF-XDR)
- Trend Micro Endpoint Sensor Service (Agent) (Applicable for WF-XDR)
- Trend Micro Security Agent
- Trend Micro Security Agent Listener
- Trend Micro Security Agent RealTime Scan
- Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service
After 5-10 minutes, the Security Agent's status will appear as "Offline" in the web Dashboard.
To reload the Security Agent:
Click Start > Programs > Trend Micro Security Agent > Security Agent.