You can do this procedure when:
- You want to stop the Security Agent from running.
- You want to reload the Security Agent.
- Troubleshooting Security Agent issues.
To unload the Worry-Free agent:
- Open CLI.
- Navigate to the Security Agent installation folder first.
(e.g. cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Security Agent)
- To unload the Security Agent, use the command below:
pccntmon -n <unload_password>To reload the Security Agent, use the following command:
To make sure that the Security Agent is unloaded, open the Microsoft Windows Services console (services.msc) and stop the following services:
- Trend Micro Application Control Service (Agent)
- Trend Micro Common Client Solution Framework
- Trend Micro Endpoint Sensor Engine Wrapper (Applicable for WF-XDR)
- Trend Micro Endpoint Sensor Service (Agent) (Applicable for WF-XDR)
- Trend Micro Security Agent
- Trend Micro Security Agent Listener
- Trend Micro Security Agent RealTime Scan
- Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service
After 5-10 minutes, the Security Agent's status will appear as "Offline" in the web Dashboard.
For intructions to unload the Security Agent on macOS, refer to Loading or unloading the Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC) Mac Security Agent in OS X