Users are unable to access the SMEX admin console after installation. A download file dialog for cgiDispatcher.1 appears after entering the username and password.
To resolve this issue:
- Make sure that ASP and CGI Role Services are installed.
- Go to the Server Manager.
- Select Roles and then right-click the Web Server (IIS).
- Check if ASP and GSP are installed. If they are, then proceed to Step 2. If not, proceed with the next step.
- Click Add Role Services.
- Under Application Development, select ASP and CGI.
- Click Next > Install.
- Allow ScanMail CGIs (if ISAPI and CGI restrictions are implemented).
- Go to the IIS Manager.
- Select the server node and then select ISAPI and CGI Restrictions.
- Verify that both cgiDispatcher and cgiCmdNotify are allowed.
- Reopen the ScanMail product console. If it still gives the same error, continue to Step 3.
- Open IIS 7 Manager by going to Start > Run > Inetmgr.
- Select the SMEX Virtual Directory.
- Select Handler Mappings.
- Look for CGI-Exe and ISAPI-dll and then select Edit Feature Permissions in the action pane.
- Make sure to select Execute and then close.