Know how to manage your OfficeScan licenses based on the following scenarios:
- Updating the activation code
- Entering or changing the activation code
- Extending the activation code
OfficeScan stores activation codes (AC) that indicate how long it will be active and what functionalities can be activated during that time. There are basically five activation codes in OfficeScan:
- Anti-virus for Desktops
- Anti-virus for Servers
- Web Reputation and Anti-spyware for Desktops
- Web Reputation and Anti-spyware for Servers
- Damage Cleanup Services
If an AC has expired, there are multiple ways to extend the license:
- Use the Update Information to extend the expiration date.
Most licenses will be automatically extended. Clicking on Update Information will allow OfficeScan to check the Online Registration (OLR) servers to download the new Expiration Date of the same key.
This is ideal for regions where OfficeScan has a direct Internet connection or an Internet connection through Proxy servers.
- Enter a new activation code.
In some instances, a new AC will be provided since the current one used might encountered the following:
- Activation code entered is valid for another.
- Fail error experience since the existing activation code and user inputs are trial.
Clicking New Activation Code allows the user to enter the new AC, which can be obtained from the OLR servers or from distributors and resellers. This is ideal for situations where OfficeScan has no Internet connection.
- Use Control Manager (TMCM) to extend the expiration date.
If the OfficeScan server is registered to a TMCM server, it is possible to extend the expiration date of the activation codes through TMCM. Use the Deploy License Profile command for TMCM.This requires that the TMCM server has Internet connection through a proxy server or a direct Internet connection.
Follow these steps to use this functionality:
- Log in to the Control Manager console.
- Go to the Products tab.
- Browse through the tree for the OfficeScan server that you want to extend. You can also click the top-most of the tree. This will extend all products with this capability.
- Click Tasks > Deploy license profiles and then click Deploy Now.
- Refer to the command tracking logs to see if the results are successful.
- Use Control Manager to change the activation code of the OfficeScan servers.
TMCM 5.0 and higher can provide OfficeScan servers a new AC. Use the License Management feature of TMCM to deploy the new AC through TMCM.
This is ideal for an environment where there is no Internet connection. Follow the steps in this article: "The entered activation code has expired..." appears when renewing Trend Micro product license.