- Upgrade failed on the first attempt and you are unable to reinstall the product
- You are unable to uninstall from the Add/Remove Programs
- You want to make sure that all components of SMEX have been removed
- Stop the following ScanMail-related services:
- ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange Master Service
- ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange Remote Configuration Server
- ScanMail EUQ Monitor (This service only exists if End User Quarantine (EUQ) is installed.)
- ScanMail EUQ Migrator service (This service only exists if the upgrades include EUQ settings.)
- For non-cluster removal, you can skip this step.
If you are removing SMEX from Microsoft cluster servers:
If you are removing SMEX from VERITAS cluster servers, delete the ScanMail resources from the Cluster Explorer console:
- Delete ScanMail resources from the Cluster Administrator console.
- Delete the following SMEX resource type on each node for Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR):
Important: Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Delete the following SMEX resource type on each node for Single Copy Clusters (SCC):
- Delete the following SMEX resource type on each node for Standby Continuous Replication (SCR):
- EVS name-ScanMail_RegRep
- EVS name-ScanMail_Master
- EVS name-ScanMail_SystemWatcher
- EVS name-ScanMail_RemoteConfig
- EVS name-EUQ_Monitor (Only if End User Quarantine is installed.)
- Delete the related registry keys.
Important: Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.Product registry keys:
Service registry keys:
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\ Trend Micro\ScanMail for Exchange
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Trend Micro\ScanMail for Exchange (This key only exists in 64-bit environments)
Security risk scan registry key:
- HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EUQ_Monitor (This key only exists if EUQ is installed.)
- HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EUQ_Migrator (This key only exists if upgrades include EUQ settings.)
The security risk scan registry key is for each mailbox store. There are three REG_DWORD items for each mailbox store:HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Serices\MSExchangeIS\<computername>\<storename>\
- Delete the Web Server Configurations.
- Launch the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager console.
- Expand Web Sites and then right-click SMEX Web Site.
- Select Delete.
- If End User Quarantine (EUQ) is installed, delete EUQ Accounts and Mailboxes.
- Launch Active Users and Computers.
- Remove the EUQ accounts and mailboxes for the Exchange Server.
- Delete ScanMail from the Start menu.
For example: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Trend Micro ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange
- Delete all files and subfolders in the folder in the folder where ScanMail is installed.
For example: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\SMEX\
- Delete all files and subfolders in <Shared Directory>\SMEXtemp\. This is the shared directory that was specified during installation. The default is C$.
- Remove Microsoft SQL Server 2005 from the local servers.
- Launch the Add or Remove Programs console.
- Click Remove beside Microsoft SQL Server.
- Select SCANMAIL: Database Engine.
- Click Next > Finish.
- Remove Microsoft SQL Server 2005 from the remote servers.
- Use SQL Server Management Studio Express to connect to the remote SQL server that has the SMEX installation.
- Delete the ScanMail databases: