This article provides the steps on how you can debug IMSVA.
When troubleshooting an issue reported in the IMSVA, one of the items needed to be done is to debug and collect the logs for analysis. Since there is no feature to export debugging files, generating the debug logs can be done via the options in this article.
Option 1: Debugging via IMSVA management console
- Log on to the IMSVA management console.
- Go to Logs > Settings.
- Select Debug under Log Files.
- Click Save.
- To populate the logs accordingly, proceed in replicating the issue.
For additional information, below is an explanation for each of the Log Level selection.
Select one of the following Application log detail level:
- Normal - The standard level of detail. This level provides the basic information needed by an administrator for daily monitoring and maintenance.
- Detailed - A high level of detail. All IMSVA processes write detailed information to the logs, including telnet session information, the policy matched, the filter executed, and the action taken.
- Diagnostic - Comprehensive information on each event or action. Diagnostic level logs include all information from the detailed level, plus SMTP routing information, and the route match information that determined which policy was applied.
- Debug - The most complete and verbose level of detail. Debug logs are only recommended when troubleshooting.
Option 2: Debugging via the IMSVA configuration file
- Log on to the IMSVA machine as root or superuser.
- Go to the $IMSS_HOME$/config/ folder and then open the imss.ini file using a text editor.
- Look for the [general] section and change the "log_level" parameter to "debug".
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the imssd services using this command:
In addition, the debug-level output is written into the standard IMSS log file, log.imss..in the/log directory.