An encryption key is required in the Active Directory integration in order to add the Active Directory Domain. The authentication process and the encryption key validate the user credentials.
The Active Directory integration allows you to take full advantage of the following features:
- Role-based administration
- Custom client groups
- Outside Server Management
To add an Active Directory Domain:
- Type the name of the Active Directory Domain and then enter the admin credentials.
- Create a blank text file on your preferred location and take note of its file name and path.
- Enter your password on the encryption key.
- Enter the file path on the encryption path.
- Save and synchronize the Active Directory.