The WFBS 7.0 Critical Patch Build 1370 addresses the following issues on the following:
- The WFBS 7.0 GM does not remind you to click No when opening the MSA configuration page. When you select Yes, the MSA configuration page may not open.
- The performance of some WFBS 7.0 servers may slow down after a few weeks.
- Product update issues such as updating earlier or later than scheduled, and unable to update clients.
- The ESENT Event ID 490 appears in the Application Event Log after the Security Agent installation.
- Performance issues when saving Microsoft Office files to a shared network drive on a 64-bit server.
- High CPU resource or utilization issues may occur due to CoreServiceShell.exe.
- Processing Microsoft Office files like Excel and Word documents slows down. Microsoft Office may freeze and users may have trouble opening and saving files.
- When multiple users log on to the same server and one of them opens the Security Agent UI, the agent opens for the other users too.
- Issues on relaying email may occur when sending email from the email server like Microsoft Exchange server.
- Network drive disconnects or maps to different folders.
- Remote applications are unable to launch after upgrading from previous versions.
To resolve these issues:
- Choose the language version that applies to you.
- On the WFBS download page, click Product Patch tab.
- Look for and download the link for Critical Patch Build 1370.
- Check the Readme file for more details.
This patch includes the following and merges with WFBS 7.0 EN GM Repack Build 1371.
- Critical Patches 1357 and 1347
- Hot Fixes 1359, 1360, 1361,1362, 1365, 1366 and 1369
For technical assistance, contact Trend Micro Technical Support.