The Client Packager tool allows you to install the Security Agent via CD-ROM or portable media. It compresses the setup or updates files into one self-extracting package, which you can copy to a CD, USB drives, or email from the WFBS Security Server.
You can use the Client Packager on the following scenarios:
- Deploy to client computers in remote offices with low bandwidth
- Deploy the SA to computers that are remotely using Group Policy (GPO) Software Installation
- Cannot install to clients using remote install
- Install on clients in a VPN
- Install on roaming clients
To create a package:
- On the Security Server, go to ..\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\ClientPackager.
Double-click ClnPack.exe to run the tool. The Client Packager console opens.You must run the program from the Trend Micro Security Server only.
On the System Type, choose 64-bit or 32-bit, depending on your system's type.
Select your preferred scanning method:
To know more about the various scanning method, refer to the article: Difference between the Conventional Scan and Smart Scan functions.
- Conventional Scan - A local scan engine on the client scans the client computer. This option uses the traditional virus pattern file.
- Smart Scan- A Scan Server helps scan the client. A Scan Server is automatically installed with the Security Server.
Select the type of package you want to create from the following options:
Package Type Description Update This option creates a package that contains the components currently available on the Security Server. The package is created as an executable file. Use this package if there are issues in updating the components on the client where the Security Agent is installed. Setup This option creates the package as an MSI file. It installs the Security Agent program with the components currently available on the Security Server. If you want to upgrade the earlier Security Agent version installed on the target client, create the MSI file on the Security Server that manages the agent. Otherwise, the agent will not be upgraded.
Under the Options section, select from the following installation methods:
- Silent Mode - Creates a package that installs in the background, which cannot be noticed by the user. The installation status window will not appear.
- Disable Prescan (only for fresh install) - Disables the normal file scanning that WFBS performs before starting the setup. Use this if you are certain that the client is threat-free.
If prescan is enabled, the setup scans for virus or malware in the most vulnerable areas of the computer including the following:
- Boot area and boot directory (for boot viruses)
- Windows folder
- Program files folder
Ensure that the location of the ofcscan.ini file is correct in the Source file field. To modify the path, click the ellipsis (…) beside the Source file field and look for ofcscan.ini. By default, this file is located in the ..\PCCSRV folder of the Trend Micro Security Server.
Click the ellipsis (…) beside the Output file field to specify the file name and location to create the package.
Click Create. The message "Package created successfully" appears when the process is completed.
- Locate the package in the directory that you specified in the previous step.
- Send the package to your users through email, or copy it to a CD or similar media.