Administrators can change an Apex One client/agent password or choose to allow users to unload or uninstall the program without a password.
To unload/uninstall an Apex One client without a password/reset password, do the following:
- Log in to the Apex One server console.
Refer to the following KB article if you forgot your password: Resetting the console password in OfficeScan/Apex One .
- Go to Networked Computers > Client Management.
- Select or highlight the group/domain or the machine that you want to apply the change to.
- Click Settings > Privileges and Other Settings.
- Under the Privileges tab, look for Unload and Unlock, and Uninstallation. If you wish not to have any password uninstall/unload, select the option "Do not require a password".
Click the image to enlarge.
- If you want to reset the password for uninstall/unload, clear the password textbox and enter a new password.
- The machines will be vulnerable since users will be able to unload and remove the Apex One client and leave the machine unprotected.
If the Apex One server is no longer available, you can manually uninstall the Apex One client.