Administrators can change an OfficeScan client/agent password or choose to allow users to unload or uninstall the program without a password.
To unload/uninstall an OfficeScan client without a password, do the following:
- Log in to the OfficeScan server console.
- For OfficeScan 10.6, go to Networked Computers > Client Management.
- For OfficeScan 11.0 and XG, go to Agents > Agent Management.
- Go to Networked Computers > Client Management.
- Select or highlight the group/domain or the machine that you want to apply the change to.
- Click Settings > Privileges and Other Settings.
- Under the Privileges tab:
The machines will be vulnerable since users will be able to unload and remove the OfficeScan client and leave the machine unprotected.
- For OfficeScan 10.6, look for Uninstallation and Unloading. If you wish not to have any password uninstall/unload, select the option "Allow the user to uninstall the OfficeScan Client and Allow the user to unload the OfficeScan Client".
- For OfficeScan 11.0 and XG, look for Unload and Unlock, and Uninstallation. If you wish not to have any password uninstall/unload, select the option "Do not require a password".
If the OfficeScan server is no longer available, you can manually uninstall the OfficeScan client.