Learn how to switch scan types from Conventional to Smart Scan and vice versa.
- Log on to the OfficeScan management console.
- Go to any of the following:
- For OfficeScan 10.x: Networked Computers > Client Management.
- For OfficeScan 11.0: Agents > Agent Management.
- Select the domain/group/computer that you want to switch the scan method and then do any of the following:
- For OfficeScan 10.x: Click Settings > Scan Methods.
- For OfficeScan 11.0: Click Settings > Scan Settings > Scan Methods.
- Select to use either Conventional Scan or Smart Scan.
- If you selected domais or clients/agents on the client tree, click Save to apply the settings to the domains or clients/agents.
If you selected the root icon (or the OfficeScan server domain), then choose from the following options:
- Apply to All Clients/Apply to All Agents: Applies the settings to all existing clients/agents and to any new client/agent added to an existing or to a future domain. Future domains are domains that are not yet created at the time when you configured the settings.
- Apply to Future Domains Only: Applies the settings only to the clients/agents added to future domains. This option will not apply the settings to new clients/agents added to an existing domain.