In WFBS 7.0/8.0/9.0, there is no longer a switch to activate or deactivate the roaming mode of the SAs. By default, the SAs are configured to use Trend Micro ActiveUpdate as a secondary update source.
The Security Agents activate their roaming status in this way:
- All Security Agents always check the Local TrendMicro Server, both in In-Office and Out-of-Office locations.
- When unable to connect to the local TrendMicro Server, the Security Agent automatically activates its roaming status and updates from the Intelligent ActiveUpdate site.
To verify that the SA is using ActiveUpdate as a secondary update source, please do the following:
- Log on to the WFBS web console.
- Go to Security Settings > Desktop/Server Group > Client Privileges.
- Under the Update Privileges section, the Use Trend Micro ActiveUpdate as a secondary update source checkbox is ticked. If you want the Security Agents to update to the Security Server/UpdateAgent only, uncheck this option.