This article provides the procedure on how to perform a fresh installation of IWSS 3.1 for Windows.
Please do the following:
- Log on to the server using an account with Administrator privileges.
- If you are installing using a downloaded file, create a temporary directory and extract he contents of the downloaded file into the temporary directory.
- Double-click Setup.exe.
If the Windows server has Terminal Services in Application Mode, you need to perform the installation via the Add/Remove Programs tool and start setup.exe. This places the Windows Terminal Services in installation mode, which is required for the installation to succeed.
Starting the setup.exe program launches the Install Shield program. While the Install Shield program is starting, a window similar to the following image appears:
When Install Shield is ready to proceed, the following appears:
- Click Next to proceed.
- Accept the Trend Micro license agreement to continue.
- Select I accept the terms of the license agreement and then click Next.
- Select the installation directory for IWSS 3.1 as indicated in the Installation Checklist.
The default directory shown in this dialog is C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\InterScan Web Security Suite.
- Click Browse if the Installation Checklist calls for a different directory.
- Click Next when the directory is set.
- Configure the database as indicated in the Installation Checklist.
By default, the installation process creates the system administration account, sa. Trend Micro recommends accepting this default.
- To install the provided MS-SQL Server 2005 Express database, click Next and proceed to Step 13.
- To use an existing Microsoft SQL server installation, select that option and fill up the database server and authentication fields. Click Next to proceed.
- If another MSDE or SQL server database instance exists on the server, the installation process displays the following dialog to confirm your need to install another.
Select Yes to continue or No to go back and change your database configuration.
- The installation program checks your system for readiness and notes any issues. Examples include port conflicts, missing or old .NET framework, etc. The installation program displays warning dialogs similar to this one:
Where possible, the installation program will install the necessary supporting components, such as .NET 2.0, and restart the installation process from the beginning.
- Review the installation configuration.
When necessary, use the Back button to return to earlier steps and modify the choices. One feature of the installation procedure is that it retains information from all the steps. So, if you have to return to previous steps, you no longer have to retype or redo all the other previously set items.
- If the provided MS-SQL Server Express database was selected, the installation program will install it next. Several windows are displayed, including this one:
The green arrow indicator advances and the status gets updated as the installation progresses. Once the database installation is completed, the installation program proceeds.
- The installation procedure begins copying and configuring IWSS 3.1 files. During this time, the installation procedure displays several small windows indicating the progress of the installation similar to this one:
- The installation program advises you when it has been completed, and provides instructions on how to log on to the administration console.
Take note of the login credentials and admin console port. Click Next to proceed to the final installation screen.
- Select No, I will restart my computer later and click Finish.
This completes the IWSS install procedure.
If you started the installation from Add/Remove Programs of the Windows Control Panel, the focus returns to that tool where you will click Next > Finish. This will update the Windows application properly.Failing to change the option in the dialog above can prevent the Windows application database from properly updating. This can case subsequent problems in removing or reinstalling IWSS 3.1.
- Reboot the IWSS 3.1 server.