Know the answers to the common questions regarding password reset in TMEE.
Select the question to view the corresponding answer.
The system allows three attempts for you to entry the security answers correctly. If you failed all three, the reset process will be delayed. You will receive a notification similar to the following:
The password reset will complete but has been delayed due to authentication failure.
You will also receive an email with the following subject:
Password Reset Request Postponement
The delay period depends on how many times you answered incorrectly.
- If you answered one (1) question incorrectly, the reset will be delayed for one (1) day.
- If you answered two (2) questions incorrectly, the reset will be delayed for two (2) days.
- If you answered three (3) questions incorrectly, the reset will be delayed for five (5) days.
On the last day of the delay period, you will receive a final confirmation email asking you to confirm the reset.
Once you confirmed, you will be redirected to the portal to change the security questions and answers.
Click image to enlarge.
To manually cancel a password reset:
- Click the link on the email notification regarding password reset. This link redirects you to the Confirm & Cancel page.
- Click the Cancel button.
However, you will not be able to restart for one day.
You receive the following error:
Unable to Reset Email Address
The system is unable to reset the requested Identity.
Below are the possible reasons:
- You are not registered with either Client or Zero Download.
- You already have an existing reset in progress.
- You cannot start a reset for one day after cancelling a reset manually.