Learn about the recommended files and directories that OfficeScan needs to exclude in the Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and SMS platforms.
Do the following:
- Apply the latest Microsoft Service Packs, updates, and other required updates before installing OfficeScan.
- Configure the exclusion using these steps:
- Log on to the OfficeScan management console.
- Go to Networked Computers > Client Management > Settings > Real-time Scan Settings > Target.
- Under Scan Exclusion, enable the following options:
- Enable scan exclusion
- Apply scan exclusion settings to all scan types
- Add the following directories, files, and folders in their appropriate boxes:
- Scan Exclusion List (Directories)
- Scan Exclusion List (Files)
- Scan Exclusion List (File Extensions)
- For the Windows Software Update Services (WSUS) server, exclude the following:
Where "Drive" is the drive letter where you installed Windows Software Update Services server.
You can refer to this Microsoft article for additional information: Multiple symptoms occur if an antivirus scan occurs while the Wsusscan.cab file or the Wsusscn2.cab file is copied.
- For the Systems Management Server (SMS), exclude the following folders:
For more details, check this Microsoft article: Antivirus programs may contribute to file backlogs in SMS 2.0 and in SMS 2003.
If you encounter any issues, contact Trend Micro Technical Support.