When setting up the Messaging Security Agent on the WFBS console, you receive the error "Error 403 Access Forbidden".
The issue occurs when you are configuring the Messaging Security Agent (MSA) from Security Settings > Exchange Group > Configure in the Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) console. You have also changed the SMEX website permission to a domain admin account, but the issue still occurs.
To resolve the issue:
- Remove the MSA from the WFBS management console.:
- Log on to the WFBS console.
- Click Security Settings > Exchange Server Group.
- Select the Exchange Server (on the right pane of the page) and click Remove.
- Under Removal Type, select Remove the selected inactive agent(s).
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Create a new Application Pool and configure it to be used in the SMEX website:
- Open the IIS Manager.
- On the left pane, right-click Application Pools and select New > Application Pool. The Add New Application Pool window appears.
- Type "SmexAppPool" in the Application pool ID field.
- On the left pane, expand the Application Pools folder.
- Right-click SmexAppPool then select Properties.
- Click the Identity tab.
- For the Predefined option, select Local System from the dropdown list.
- Click OK.
- On the left pane, expand the Web Sites folder.
- Right-click SMEX Web Site then click Properties.
- Click the Home Directory tab.
- Select SmexAppPool from the Application pool dropdown list.
- Click OK.
- Restart the IIS Admin Service.
- Add the MSA to the WFBS web console. Follow the procedures in this article: Installing the MSA from the WFBS Advanced console
If you need technical assistance, contact Trend Micro Techincal Support.