You encounter issues about the old Smart Scan pattern files that are not being purged, and therefore clogging the disk partition with old and excess copies.
Limit the incremental Smart Scan pattern files kept by integrated Smart Protection Server:
- Launch Windows Explorer on the server where OfficeScan is installed.
- Go to the C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\WSS folder.
- Back up the UpdatePattern.ini file.
- Open the UpdatePattern.ini file using Notepad or any text editor.
- Go to the [GenBFDiff] section and update the following entries:
- MaxDiff = 8 > this value stands for the number of incremental patterns it will keep
- KeepPtn = 42 > this value stands for the number of days to keep the pattern
You can reduce the value of MaxDiff and KeepPtn to limit the incremental Smart Scan pattern files in order to save disk space. In other words, by doing this, the incremental pattern range is reduced.
When OfficeScan agents are not in incremental pattern range, they will need to download the full pattern from the OfficeScan server instead of downloading incremental patterns which consumes more network bandwidth.
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the OfficeScan Master Service.