The list of clients can be seen under the Server(s) and Desktop(s) in the WFBS console. Exporting the list from the console, however, is a current limitation of WFBS.
To export the list of computers to a .TXT or .CSV file, you can use the following tools instead:
- Agent Connection Verification - This records the connection status of the computers with the CSAs to the WFBS server.
- Trend Micro Vulnerability Scanner (TMVS) - This detects installed antivirus software; searches for unprotected computers on the network; and installs the CSA on these computers. To find out if computers need protection, TMVS pings ports that antivirus software normally use.
Do the following:
- Get the list of computers with CSA installed from the Agent Connection Verification log file. Go to ..\Program files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\Log\verconn.txt.
- Export the list of computers via TMVS.
- Go to .\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\TMVS
- Double-click TMVS.exe to run.
- On the TMVS console, click Settings under IP Range to check section,
If you want to be notified of the results via email:
- Under Alert Settings, tick Email results to the system administrator.
- Click Configure. Fill in the To:, From:, SMTP server:, and Subject: text boxes.
- Click OK.
If you want to save the result to a CSV file:
- Under Save as CSV file section, tick Automatically save the results to a CSV file.
- Specify the folder where the .CSV file will be saved.
- Click OK to save the settings.
- Under IP Range to Check section, enter the IP Range of the computers you want to check.
- Click Start to start checking computers.
You can also create a scheduled task to check computers in the network by clicking Add/Edit under Scheduled Tasks section.
- Under the Results section, click Export to manually save the results in a .CSV file.