The following SMTP error message appears when end users have multiple email addresses in their Active Directory LDAP server:
550 recipient not found in the LDAP server
Address this issue by checking the users with multiple email address and by modifying the IMSVA settings.
To resolve this issue, do the following in the Database Mail Attribute:
- Log in to the IMSVA shell via the Command Line Interface.
When logging in to the IMSVA shell or Command Line Prompt, make sure that you have root privilege.
- Run the following command:
# /opt/trend/imss/PostgreSQL/bin/psql imss saOr
# cd /opt/trend/imss/PostgreSQL/bin/
# ./psql imss sa
- On the "imss=#" prompt, type:
update tb_global_setting set value='proxyAddresses' where name='mail_attr';
- To quit, type "\q".
- Log on to the IMSVA web console. Disable recipient checking and then save the settings.
- Go back to the IMSVA web console to enable recipient checking again and save the settings.
- Check and confirm that the issue has been resolved.
If the above steps did not resolve the issue, then do the following:
If you are using InterScan Messaging Security Suite (IMSS) for Windows, refer to this article:
IMSS 7.0 for Windows users get "SMTP Error: 550 recipient was not found in LDAP server".