Users cannot install the TMCM Agent for ServerProtect for EMC after removing a different Agent instance.
The following related incidents have been identified:
- The ServerProtect server icon disappeared from the TMCM console.
- The TMCM Agent installed on the target machine was uninstalled using the remoteinstall.exe utility.
- The Groupname for the ServerProtect servers in the TMCM console was deleted.
- The server hosting the TMCM Agent was restarted.
- Reinstalling the TMCM agent failed at the last step when adding the product information to the TMCM SQL database.
Users have tried to isolate the issue by doing the following:
- Ensuring that the TMCM Agent is removed using the Add/Remove Programs utility.
- Executing the steps in this Knowledge Base article:
However, the above steps did not resolve the issue. Here are the information verified from the ServerProtect for EMC installation:
Product: ServerProtect for EMC 5.58
Operating System: Windows 2003 Service Pack 2
Host: 2 ServerProtect Normal Servers
To resolve this issue, please do the following:
- Download the Control Manager Agent Repack 2 installer.
This is compatible with ServerProtect 5.58 and 5.8.
- Uninstall the Control Manager Agent using the Add/Remove Program utility. If the uninstallation failed, use the steps in this Knowledge Base article: Manually uninstalling the Control Manager (TMCM) Agent for ServerProtect for Windows (SPNT) 5.58.
- Run the Control Manager Agent Repack 2 installer to run the TMCM Agent setup.
- Stop all the Trend Micro services.
- Uninstall the following using the Add/Remove Program utility:
- Trend Micro Control Manager Agent for ServerProtect
- Trend Micro Management Infrastructure (TMI)
- Delete the remnants using this KB article.
- Reboot the machine.
- Install the CM Agent (release date: 2010-09-17).
If the above steps did not resolve the issue, then follow the steps below to obtain the files and logs needed for escalation and further analysis:
- Obtain a screenshot of the error message.
- Obtain a copy of the Agent_SPNT_Install.log located in the ServerProtect Information Server directory, Trend\Common\TMI\bdglog\TMI.
- Go to the \Sprotect folder on the ServerProtect Infromation Server and open the Entity.cfg file using a text editor. If the Agent was installed successfully but would not communicate with the TMCM server, enable the TMCM agent debug logs:
- Modify the value of "log_level" to "0" (zero).
- Restart the Trend Micro Management Infrastructure service.
- Replicate the issue.
- Set the value of "log_level" to "2" to disable the agent debug.
- Get a copy of the Trend\Common\TMI\bdglog\TMI\Agent_SPNT.log.
Once the debugging process is done, revert the settings.
- Collect the files and compress them using WinZip. Apply password: trend.
- Contact Trend Micro Technical Support.