The following error message shows while deploying DSVA:
Host CPU is incompatible with the virtual machine's requirements at CPUID level 0x80000001 register 'edx'.
Host bits: 0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:1000:0000:0000
Mismatch detected for these features:
* Longmode; required when a virtual machine is configured for a 64-bit guest OS. For
systems with Intel CPUs, enabling VT in the BIOS is required for longmode support.
For incompatibilities other than NX/XD or longmode: if possible, use a cluster with
Enhanced vMotion Compatibility (EVC) enabled; see KB article 1003212. In the
absence of EVC, see KB article 1993.
The error occurs because the virtualization technology (VT) is not enabled on the hardware where ESX is installed.
DSVA is a 64-bit appliance that needs VT enabled on the hardware where ESX (ESX 4.1 or ESX 4.1 Update 1) is installed. VT should be activated in the BIOS of the hardware.
To resolve this issue, contact your hardware vendor to enable VT.
You may also check this VMware article: Ensuring Virtualization Technology is enabled on your VMware host.
- Unable to power-on a 64-bit virtual machine
- The CPU is Virtual Technology-capable, but Virtualization Technology is not enabled.
- Unable to install a 64-bit operating system
- The virtual machine has been migrated and power-on no longer works.
- One of the following CPU errors appears when trying to vMotion to a host that does not have VT enabled:
- The CPU of the host is incompatible with the CPU feature requirements of virtual machine.
- The CPU of the host is incompatible with the CPU feature requirements of the virtual machine;problem detected at CPUID level 0x80000001 register 'edx'.