IMSVA product components are activated immediately after installation as it is one of the steps in the Install Wizard. However, when licenses are renewed or when additional product features, such as SPS and IP Filtering, are added to an existing IMSVA installation, you will need to update the licensing information through the management console.
To update the product license:
- Launch the IMSVA management console via a supported web browser and enter your username and password: https://<IMSVA_server_name-or -IP_address>:8445.
- Go to Administration > Product Licenses.
- To add a new Activation Code, click the Enter a new code link.
- When updating the Activation Code, which is the same as the one in the Product License screen, click the Check Status Online button. This will contact the Trend Micro Customer Licensing Portal Server, fetch the renewal information, and update the IMSVA application with the new maintenance expiration date.
- Once the Product License has been updated, perform an update to ensure that the latest pattern files are anti-spam databases are downloaded to the IMSVA application.