License and Activation Codes normally expire after a year. When this happens, InterScan Web Security Suite (IMSS) will no longer be able to download the latest updates needed to protect the gateway segment of the corporate network.
This article provides the steps to re-enable the product once the License/Activation Code has been renewed.
To resolve the issue, please do the following:
- At the server hosting IWSS, launch the IWSS web console.
- To open the IWSS web console on a local machine, open the web browser and type the following in the Address field: http://localhost:1812
- To open the IWSS web console remotely, open a web browser and then type one of the following in the Address field:
- Enter the username and password, and then click Log On.
- Go to Administration > Product License to determine which components are installed and their license status.
- To add a new Activation Code for a specific IWSS component, go to the particular component section and click Enter a new code link. Follow the procedure there to enter a new AC.
- If the IWSS product or component had expired but the license has been renewed, this means that the same Activation Code will be used. To update the license by extending the subscription expiration date, click the Check Status Online button at the specific IWSS component section in the Product License area.
Once the license is updates, Trend Micro recommends performing a full update of your IWSS scanning components, such as pattern files, Scan Engines, and URL database. This is to ensure that this particular gateway security product is updated.