When the OfficeScan NT RealTimeScan service fails to start, you cannot enable ofcdebug logging as the service that triggers debug logging cannot be started.
To enable debug logging:
- Open a text editor (such as Notepad) on the target OfficeScan client and type the following lines:
DebugLog=<specify your preferred debug location and log filename>
- Save the file as "ofcdebug.ini" file in the ..\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client folder.
- On the same folder, look for the LogServer.exe and run it.
In Windows 7, Vista, and 2008, you need to run the file as Administrator to bypass the User Account Control (UAC) feature before generating the debug log file.
- A command prompt will appear. At this point, you can replicate the service start issue to capture the event by starting the OfficeScan NT RealTime Scan service.
- Disable ofcdebug logging by closing the command prompt and deleting the ofcdebug.ini file that you created.