This article shows how to uninstall the DLP service/driver from OfficeScan clients by reconfiguring the OfficeScan server and deploying the changes to the selected client domains/machines.
To uninstall the DLP service/driver:
- Disable DLP:
- Select agent/domain where DLP needs to be disabled.
- Click Settings > DLP Settings.
- In the Data Loss Prevention Configurations page, click Policies.
- Uncheck the "Enable Data Loss Prevention" option.
- Click Save.
- Open the OfficeScan server's ..\PCCSRV\ofcscan.ini file using Notepad.
- Look for the [Global Setting] section.
- Add the DlpSSUninst=1 parameter so that the section looks like this:
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Log on to the OfficeScan server's web console.
- Go to Networked Computers > Client Management (v10.6) or Agents > Agent Management (v11.0/12.0).
- In the client/agent tree, select the client/domain where you want to uninstall the DLP service/driver.
- Go to Settings > Additional Service Settings.
- Deselect the "Enable service on the following operating systems" checkbox.
- Click Save. On the agent side, the agent will prompt a Restart Required window.
- Reboot the selected OfficeScan clients to completely remove their DLP components.