You cannot install the WFBS-SVC Agent and get the following error message:
The installation could not be completed.
Ensure your Internet connection is available, or find more information on the Knowledge Base.
To resolve the issue:
- Make sure that you have the correct Internet connection settings. You may be having Internet connection issues because of incorrect DNS, Gateway, or Proxy configurations.
- Make sure to allow cookies on your browser. You may choose Low for Internet Explorer settings and Accept cookies from sites for Mozilla Firefox settings.
- When your computer is connected to the Internet through a proxy server, make sure that the system proxy setting is applied to the WFBS-SVC agent, WFBS-SVC_Agent_Installer.exe and WFBS-SVC_Downloader.exe.
To set the system proxy for Windows 7:
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet.
- Click Internet Options.
- Click Connections > LAN settings.
- Tick the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) check box, and then enter the correct proxy server address and port number.
- Tick the Bypass proxy server for local addresses checkbox and then click OK.
- Open Internet Explorer and reinstall using the Web installation method.
Other troubleshooting steps:
- Clear the browser cache.
- Clear temporary files on the Temp folder (%temp%).
- Try another installation method.
If the installation is not successful, gather the following logs:
Note: Clear %temp% before replicating the issue
- %temp%\hosted_pak_inst folder
Registry Export and Install Logs:
- "HKLM\ " Registry Export
- "HKEY_Current_User" Registry Export