When troubleshooting an issue in CPM, you need to force an endpoint to perform manual update or rollback. This article provides the steps on how you can manually update CPM in the Endpoint Security Platform (ESP) console.
To manually update the CPM clients:
- Log on to the ESP console and click Endpoint Protection on the bottom-left pane.
- From the upper-left navigation pane, go to Core Protection Module > Updates > Updates/Rollback Patterns > Create Pattern Update/Rollback Task.
The Pattern Updates Wizard opens.
- In the list of folders that appears, click the arrow ">" icon to next to the most recent folder to display individual patterns.
- Click the Deploy button.
- In the pop-up window that appears, select:
- Deploy a one-time action to open the Take Action window and select the computers where you want to apply this one-time action to. Any computer included in the Target that is not relevant for the Action at the time of deployment will respond with a "not relevant" statement. Click OK.
- Create an update Fixlet to open the Edit Fixlet Message window and configure a Fixlet that will deploy the action whenever the selected clients become relevant. Once done, click OK. In the next window that will open, click the hyperlink that appears below Actions to open the Take Action window.
- In the Target tab, click All computerswith the property values selected in the tree list below, and then select a property that will include all the computers where you want to deploy this action to.
- Execution: This action sets the time and retries behavior for the update (if any).
- Users: This option works in combination with Target, linked by the "AND" operant (both conditions must be present for the install to occur).
- After selecting the computers to update, click OK and when prompted, type your private key password and click OK.
- In the Summary window that opens, click the Status after a few minutes to confirm that the Action is "Running" and then "Completed".