This article shows the procedure to resolve the issue where the WFBS-SVC agent shows an offline status.
On the affected Windows computer where the WFBS-SVC agent is installed, make sure to have a good Internet connection and then do the following:
- Check the Windows/Router Firewall settings for any restrictions and do either of the following:
- Verify if the computer uses any proxy settings. Refer to the Microsoft article: Using Proxy Servers together with Internet Explorer.
- Open a command prompt, ping the WFBS-SVC servers, and press Enter. Below are the WFBS-SVC Servers:
- US and other regions: wfbs-svc-nabu-aal.trendmicro.com
- Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) Region: wfbs-svc-emea-aal.trendmicro.com
You should receive a successful result similar to below:
- On the command prompt, run the "tracert" command to the WFBS-SVC servers, and press Enter. You should receive a successful result similar to below:
- Click the Windows orb, type "services.msc" on the Search field, and press Enter.
- Check the following Trend Micro services and make sure they are started.
- TrendMicro Common Client Solution Framework
- TrendMicro Security Agent
- TrendMicro Security Agent Firewall (if enabled)
- TrendMicro Security Agent Listener
- TrendMicro Security Agent NT Proxy Service (Win7 and below)
- TrendMicro Security Agent RealTime Scan
- TrendMicro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service
- Restart the Trend Micro Client/Server Security Agent service.
- Unload and reload the WFBS-SVC agent on the system tray. Refer to this article: Unloading the Client/Server Security Agent.
- Restart the machine.
If the issue still occurs, contact Trend Micro Technical Support and provide the Case Diagnostic Tool (CDT) log generated on the client computer.
For the instructions on how to get the CDT logs, refer to this solution: How to use the CDT to collect all the information needed by Trend Micro Technical Support.