This article enumerates the steps to install the Apex One Data Protection plug-in service, as well as discusses how to deploy DLP to Apex One agents.
- Log in to the Apex One web console.
- Go to the Plug-ins tab.
- Look for Apex One Data Protection and click Download.
- Click OK on the confirmation prompt.
The Apex One Server will then download the Apex One Data Protection installer.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Agree on the License Agreement page.
- Wait for Apex One Data Protection to be installed.
Once installation is completed, the Plug-in Manager page is shown.
- Click Manage Program.
- Enter the Apex One Data Loss Prevention license.
The Apex One Data Protection page will be displayed.
The Data Loss Prevention option should be available under the Agents tab.
Ensure that Data Protection Service is enabled in Agents > Agent Management > Settings > Additional Service Settings.
- Go to Agents > Agent Management.
- Select the agents where Apex One Data Protection will be deployed to.
- Click Settings > DLP Settings.
- Click OK on the pop-up.
- Click policies.
- In the new window, click Add.
- Select the Template you want to use and then click Next.
- Select Specific Channels to be monitored and then click Next.
- Select the desired action and then click Save.
The created rule should appear in the Data Loss Prevention Policy Settings window. This should be "Enabled".
- Click Save and Apply the Settings to Agents.
The new setting will be sent to the Apex One agents, and a prompt will be shown on the agent side requesting the user to reboot the machine once Data Loss Prevention is installed.
Please refer to the Online Help Guide for more details on Apex One Data Loss Prevention.
For any further concerns, contact Trend Micro Technical Support.