The fixlet, Core Protection Module - Download CPMAutoUpdateSetup Script, downloads the CPMAutoUpdateSetup executable. When running this executable, an error prompts the Administrator that there is a DB error:
"Database Error: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server] 'xxxx' is not a valid login or you do not have permission (37000:15007)."
The DB error points to an Endpoint Security Platform (ESP) DB Login account with limited privilege to access the local or remote SQL Database to be able to create a CPM operator (cpm_admin_yyyymmdd_xxxxxx).
Please do the following:
- Open the Registry Editor on the ESP server.
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server\Database.
- Take note of the values of the following registry strings:
Ideally, you can use the "sa" DB account credentials so that ESP server has the required dbo and db_creator privileges to the Bigfix database instances.
To verify the default SQL account credentials that you used when you install the ESP server:
- Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator console.
- Go to the System DSN tab and then to the configuration settings of BES system.
This should have the sql_account and its subsequent password to use in the registry strings mentioned above.
- Restart all the BES Services.