After performing an update and restarting the SMDReal service, the following error message appears:
SMDreal: Unable to initialize scan engine. Check the scan engine and pattern file
To resolve this issue, check for socket errors in the tmuDump.txt located in SMID install path>\...\AU_Data/AU_Log/TmuDump.txt.
When socket errors have been resolved but you still encounter the issue, do the following:
If you have several Domino servers, try to delete the replication conflicts in smency.nsf.
- Open the smd update database from the source server.
- Perform the Delete replication conflicts action.
- Reproduce the issue.
Recreate the smency.nsf file.
- Copy a new smency.ntf file to your server and replace the old one. The new smency.nsf file is available in the SMID installation package, or from a running SMID server.
Create a new smency.nsf database from the template, smency.ntf. To do this:
- Go to File > Database > New and specify the New Database Name and Location.
- Select the Domino server.
- Set "smd\smency.nsf" as the File name.
- Set "ScanMail Update Database" as the Title.
- Specify Template for New Database then select Domino server. Select Show advanced templates > ScanMail Update Database.
- Click OK.
- When prompted “Replace existing SERVER_NAME smd\smency.nsf?”, answer “Yes”.