Learn more about the features and benefits of using DriveArmor.
DriveArmor is a centrally managed trusted hard disk drive featuring built-in full disk encryption for laptops, PCs, notebooks, and tablets. This self-encrypting hard disk drive protects organizations against data loss due to a stolen or lost computer. DriveArmor’s technology fortifies the Seagate Momentus® self-encrypting 2.5-inch hard disk drives with remote management, strong authentication, and extensive auditing and reporting features.
The DriveArmor software is designed to work with the Seagate Momentus FDE certified drive only at this time. OPAL support for Hitachi, Fujitsu, and Samsung drives is scheduled for 2011 general availability.
As long as your machine is compatible with the Seagate SED Momentus Drives, you can replace your current hard disk drive with DriveArmor. Endpoint Encryption has a list of machines in which the appropriate Seagate drives with DriveArmor has been tested and certified through the Seagate Certification Lab.
If the device is not listed as certified, it does not mean it will not operate properly. The devices on the list have been certified by Endpoint Encryption and Seagate, which have a self qualification kit that can be easily run on your PC to determine compatibility.
The PolicyServer is optional. DriveArmor may be configured in either managed (requiring a server) or unmanaged (standalone).
When you lose a device, the data will still be safe because the device will require authentication to be accessed. Without a password, there is no means for accessing the data. It will also be safe depending on how you have configured your policies. A device can be set to wipe or erase the drive after a failed number of authentication attempts or after a set period of time with no connection to the PolicyServer. The data is cryptographically erased rendering the data inaccessible and is non-recoverable. Once the unit has been cryptographically erased, a new Operating System may be installed. All prior data, however, is permanently lost once the erase command is received.
- Product delivery Methods
- Software Only as Retrofit on Existing Secure Drive
- Pre-installed on a new Drive
- Shipped with custom factory integration (Dell CFI clients only)
- Operating Systems
- Windows XP SP3®
- Vista SP1+®
- Windows 7®
- System requirements
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0
- Supported hard disk drives and capacity
- Seagate® Momentus® 160 GB
- Seagate® Momentus® 250 GB
- Seagate® Momentus® 320 GB
- Seagate® Momentus® 500 GB
- Other hardware specifications
- Rotational Speed: 5400, 7200-RPM
- Interface: SATA 3Gb/s with NCQ
- Operating temperature: 0° to 60° C
- Operating shock: 350G/2ms
- Non-Operating shock: 1000G/1ms
Features of DriveArmor
For the software:
- Secure Authentication
- Active Directory Domain Password
- Fixed Password
- Smart Card (CAC/PIV)
- Centralized Management and Reporting
- Centralized key escrow and recovery
- Robust logging of all environmental events
- Standard reporting to confirm compliance
- Recovery & Disabling Device
- Device wipe feature that performs a cryptographic erase
- Remote Help for password reset and/or one-time boot access capabilities
- Data recovery by administrator
- Notice Messages
- Customize Information displayed during device lockout
- Customize legal notice
- Customize help desk information
- Audit & Reporting
- Full audit capability (via PolicyServer)
- Included in all reporting metrics (via PolicyServer)
- IP Protocols
- IPv4 and IPv6 compatible
- User Self-Help
- Multiple personal challenge questions to reset password
- Encryption transparent to the end-user with minimal performance impact and no user training required
For the hardware, it is self-encrypting hard disk drive.
Benefits of DriveArmor
- Highly scalable and easy to deploy - Enables large-scale deployments and live, operational rapid deployment capability; lowers total cost of ownership.
- Centralized administration and key management - Administrators manage all users and devices through a single management infrastructure using Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- Extensive auditing and reporting - Provides audit trail, compliance, and system metric reports to management that help define and facilitate regulatory requirements.
- Easy to repurpose or retire hard disk drives - Hard resets and erases everything from the hard disk drive and returns the hard disk drive to the original factory settings by sending a “device wipe” message over-the-air.
- Simplified password management - Offers several password reset choices for users to change password securely without administrator intervention.
- Enhanced security - Offers pre-boot authentication that prevents unauthorized data access; security measures detect and protect stolen devices.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOAP/XML) - Features Active Directory Integration, administrator hierarchy and no Schema Changes.
Certification of DriveArmor
- Cryptographic Algorithm Validation Program (CAVP) certifications
- Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 1 & Level 2
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certified and approved
- NSA Approval (NSTISSP-11 Certifications)
- Common Criteria EAL4+ (in final review)