Learn about the basic features of SafeSync for Business to help you get started.
Learn the basics of Trend Micro SafeSync after installing and activating it. Remember that changes to any file in SafeSync will be synchronized everywhere that you have installed SafeSync.
You have three ways to access SafeSync:
- Double-click the SafeSync icon on the Windows taskbar in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Double-click the SafeSync folder on the Windows desktop.
- Go to Start > All Programs > Trend Micro SafeSync > Trend Micro SafeSync.
You can delete, upload, or download files by simply dragging and dropping them in the SafeSync folder.
Files in the SafeSync folder are synchronized with the SafeSync website. Files that are removed from the folder will be deleted online.
You can also access your files from anywhere using the SafeSync webiste.
- Open the Trend Micro SafeSync website.
- Click Sign In.
- Type your email address and password, and then click Sign In.
From the SafeSync website, you can:
SafeSync also has mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android. After installing Trend Micro SafeSync, you can:
- Upload photos and videos
- Open media files
- View pictures or documents
- Share files with friends
- Open SafeSync from Windows UI.
- Sign in using your Trend Micro Account (MyAccount) credentials.
- The main console has the following categories:
- Personal Folders
Note: The main console only shows recent events or activities. The Download and Upload functions can only be performed on the App bar.
- To Navigate in Trend Micro Safesync, here are the functions to use:
- Home - Direct users to the Main Console
- Downloads - Direct users to the Download page where users can manage their downloads
- Personal Folders - Direct users to Personal Folders from which users can navigate their files and folders. For instructions on how to manage Personal Folders, refer to this article: Managing files and folders in Trend Micro SafeSync
- Uploads - Direct users to the Upload page where users can manage their uploads
- Recycle Bin - Direct users to the Recycle Bin page that allow users to manage the contents by either deleting or restoring files and folders inside the Recycle Bin.
These options can be access by right-clicking the top most portion of the Trend Micro SafeSync console.
- Refresh - Allow users to refresh the contents of Trend Micro SafeSync
- List View/Grid View - Allow users to change how they can view the contents of Safesync
- New Folder - Allow users to add or create a new folder
- Uploads - Direct users to the Upload page where you can perform the upload function. For instructions on how to Upload, refer to this article: Uploading files and folders in Trend Micro SafeSync.
These options can be access by right-clicking the bottom most portion of the Trend Micro SafeSync console. These options can be seen inside Personal Folders page.
File and folder Menu
- Rename - Allow users to rename certain files or folders
- Delete - Allow users to delete certain files or folders
- Download - Allow users to download a selected file/s
- Open In - Allow users to view file/s in an applicable program.
These options can be access by right-clicking a file or folder in Trend Micro SafeSync. These options can be seen inside Personal Folders page.
Recycle Bin Menu
- Empty- Allow users to delete multiple files and folders at the same time, and to clear our Recycle Bin contents
- Search - Search feature will be on the next version release
- Share - Allow users to Share files. For instructions on how to Share, refer to this article: Using the sharing feature in Trend Micro SafeSync
- Start - Allow users to access Windows 8 UI
- Devices - Not Supported
- Settings - Allows users to manage SafeSync settings. For instructions on how to Share, refer to this article: Using the sharing feature in Trend Micro SafeSync
These options can be access by right-clicking a file or folder while in Trend Micro SafeSync. These options can be seen inside Recycle Bin page.