Use this article to add ScanMail users in Edge Server Role for the following scenarios:
- There is no AD users in Edge Server Role, only Local User and Groups
- Users in the Administrator group cannot access the console
- Open the Server Manager and go to Configuration > Local Users and Groups.
- Under the Users folder, create an account for SMEX.
- Under the Groups folder, create a group for SMEX and then add the users.
- Open the Registry Editor.
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to HKLM\Software\Trend Micro\Scanmail for Exchnage.
- Right-click ScanMail for Exchange, click Properties and then add the group.
- Provide Full permissions.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Access SMEX using any of the accounts added in the SMEX group.