This article provides the steps on how to activate the Deep Security Agent (DSA) using command line.
To activate the DSA via command line:
- Open the Deep Security Manager (DSM) console.
- Go to Administration > System Settings > Agents tab.
- Under the Remote Activation section, enable the Allow Agent Initiated Activation option and select For any computers.
- On the Security profile to assign (when no security profile is currently assigned) section, select the security profile that you wish to assign or select None.
- Enable the Allow agent to specify Hostname option.
- Select Reactivate the existing computer if the computer name already exists.
- Run any of the following syntax on the Deep Security Agent:
The value of "port" refers to the DSM heartbeat port, which is "4120" by default.
- dsa_control /a dsm://<host or IP>:<port>/
- dsa_control -a dsm://<host or IP>:<port>/