The Login Script Setup tool automates the installation of the agent on unprotected computers when they log on to the network.
This article shows you how to use the Login Script Setup tool to install the WFBS-SVC agent automatically on computers upon logging on to the network.
- Computers must be part of the domain to be able to use MSI installation through the login script.
- Automatic installation does not work on Windows 7, Vista, and Server 2008 computers that have UAC enabled. These users need to go to the appropriate server, select the installation MSI file, right-click the file, and select Run as Administrator.
- Log on to the WFBS-SVC console.
- Go to Administration > Tools.
Under Login Script Setup, click Download.
Click image to enlarge
- Save the Login Script executable file.
- Download and save the MSI package from the console to a folder where everyone has read access. For the instructions on downloading the MSI package, refer to this article: Downloading the Agent installer of WFBS-SVC.
Start the Login Script Setup tool. The console displays a tree showing all domains and servers on the network.
Select the server whose login script you want to modify.Ensure that the server is a primary domain controller and that you have administrator access to the server.
- Click Select. Login Script Setup prompts you for a user name and password.
Type the user name and password. Click OK to continue.
If you enter a wrong username or password, an error dialog will appear. Make sure to enter the correct information.
Select the users where you want to install the WFBS-SVC client and then click OK.
Specify the UNC path where the installer is located and click OK.
If the installer cannot be located, an error will pop-up. Make sure that the UNC path you entered is correct.
A pop-up dialog will appear once installation is completed.