The error "Failed to complete setup. Propagatefile.exe failed with exit code: 65280" appears when executing the Core Protection Module (CPM) Automatic Update Setup Script.
This issue does not happen with ESP/TEM Server 8.1 or earlier. It may impact customers who executed the task Core Protection Module - Install Server Components around December 2011 or who did not install latest components for a long time.
Site administrator credentials and password are necessary to run the CPM Automatic Update Setup Script. You cannot create a new console operator account without these credentials. Use the operator account to send a manifest of the latest available pattern file versions to your endpoints whenever new patterns are downloaded from Trend Micro.
To successfully run the CPM Automatic Update Setup Script:
- Make sure the following requirements are met before executing the script on the server that hosts ESP and CPM:
- Go to the default BESServer directory in C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\ and make sure that the propagateFile.exe version should be 8.2 if the server version is TEM 8.2.
- Use an Administrator user with elevated privileges.
For example, on Windows 2008 the program must be invoked with elevated privileges or using the "Run as Administrator" option.
- Ensure that the license.pvk and password are correct.
- The license.pvk is generated when you install TEM/ESP server.
- Download and install the latest CPM Automatic Update Setup Script from Endpoint Protection > Core Protection Module > Updates.
- Select Core Protection Module – Download CPMAutoUpdateSetup Script on the top right pane or download the CPMAutoUpdateSetup Script from Trend Micro.