RealTime Scan in the OfficeScan client is still enabled even after disabling it from the OfficeScan server and the settings was deployed.
The Officescan RealTime Scan cannot be disabled if Outbreak Prevention Policy (OPP) has been deployed.
To successfully disable RealTime Scan, do the following:
- Go to Networked Computers > Outbreak Prevention Policy.
- In the client tree in the Outbreak Prevention Policy column, check if OPP is enabled. It is enabled if a check mark appears on the computers.
- Disable Outbreak Prevention Policy. To do this:
- In the client tree, click the root domain icon to include all clients or select specific domains or clients.
- Click Restore Settings.
- Select Notify client users to inform users that the outbreak is over.
- Disable RealTime Scan by going to Networked Computers > Client management > Settings > Scan Settings > Real-time Scan Settings on the OfficeScan console.