This issue is encountered on computers installed with applications that have large files like SQL and VMWare. The workaround solution is to disable the digital signature cache on the affected machine.
- Open the Apex One server's web console and go to Agents > Agent Management.
- Select the machine/group you want to configure.
- Click Settings > Privileges and Other Settings.
- Go to the Other Settings tab.
- Under the Cache Settings for Scan, untick the "Enable the digital signature cache" checkbox.
- Click Save and wait until the changes are applied.