The OfficeScan web console's Summary screen does not load the widgets properly even after trying the following articles related to troubleshooting the widget framework error:
- Widget Framework Error appears on the OfficeScan 10.6 console
- Viewing the Summary page of OfficeScan 10.6 prompts users to Open or Save index.php
- "Server Error" or "PHP Error" appears on the Summary Page of the OfficeScan management console
- The message "Unable to display data because of unexpected error..." appears on the Summary screen of OfficeScan web console
When the widget framework issue remains unresolved, collect the following files and submit them to Trend Micro Technical Support for assistance:
- IIS log
- Widget framework debug log
- php-errors.log: You can find this file in the C:\PHP\php-errors.log or C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ folder.
- Process Monitor log (.PML format and .CSV format): Download the Process Monitor tool from the Microsoft website.
Generating the ofcdebug.log file in the OfficeScan Server
- Go to ..\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Log folder.
- Delete the exisitng ofcdebug*.log file.
- Log on to the OfficeScan web console and click the letter "c" of the word Office in the OfficeScan banner.
For OfficeScan 11.0, open the OfficeScan console and go to Logs > Connection Verification log.
- Put a checkmark on the Enable debug check box and click Save.
A new ofcdebug.log file will now be generated in the C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Log folder.Make sure the other debug tools mentioned in this article are running simultaneously.
- Replicate the issue.
- Collect the C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Log\ofcdebug.log file.
- On the OfficeSan web console, remove the checkmark on the Enable debug check box to disable ofcdebug.log.
Generating the Widget Framework back-end debug log
- Go to the C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Web_OSCE\Web_console\HTML\widget\repository\widgetPool\product\ directory in the OfficeScan Server.
- Open the config.php file and change the value of wfconf_debug lines as shown below:
$GLOBALS['wfconf_debug'] = true;
$GLOBALS['wfconf_client_debug_level'] = “DEBUG”;
- Save and close the file. Make sure the other debug tools mentioned in this article are running simultaneously. Replicate the issue.
- Replicate the issue.
- Collect the following files from the ..\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Web_OSCE\Web_console\HTML\widget\repository\log\ directory:
- It is highly recommended that you disable debug mode before collecting the widget debug log. To disable the debug log, open the config.php file and set the values below according to the following:
Set $GLOBALS['wfconf_debug'] = "null";
$GLOBALS['wfconf_client_debug_level'] = "OFF";