ScanMail for Exchange (SMEX) registration to Control Manager (TMCM) stops without any error messages, then the SMEX status becomes Not Connected. The SMEX_Master debug log shows multiple entries similar to this:
[ERROR] Agent Host is not running , cannot query status
The issue occurs when the TMCM agent of SMEX is still running during the registration. To resolve the issue, stop the agent:
- Log on to the SMEX console.
- Go to Administration > Control Manager Settings.
- Untick the Enable communication between the ScanMail MCP agent and Control Manager checkbox.
- Open the Windows Task Manager and stop the SMEX_CmAgentHost.exe process.
- On the SMEX console, tick again the Enable communication between the ScanMail MCP agent and Control Manager checkbox.
- Register SMEX to TMCM again.
- Verify if the re-registration is successful and if the SMEX agent shows up on TMCM. If not, contact Technical Support.