Configure a custom port for the SQL server because there is no option to specify one during database installation. The Control Manager (TMCM) and Interscan Messaging Security Suite (IMSS) installers connect to the SQL server on port 1433 by default.
On the TMCM or IMSS server, set up an alias pointing to SQL server database instance on the specified port. You must configure this in both 32-bit and 64-bit SQL Server Client Network Utility.
- Open the following:
- Under General tab, add TCP/IP to the Enabled protocols by order field.
- Click Properties and change the value of the Default port field to the custom port used by the SQL server.
- Go to Alias tab, then click Add.
- Add a new alias in the Server alias field. Take note of this alias because you will need it during installation.
- In the Network libraries section, select TCP/IP radio button.
- In the Connection parameters section, specify the SQL server in the Server name field.
- Untick the Dynamically determine port check box.
- In the Port number field, enter the port number that SQL server is listening to.
- Click OK > OK. You can now specify the server alias name used in Step 5 during the production installation phase corresponding to the database.