You get the following notification when trying to register SafeSync for Business (SSFB) trial account:
We’re sorry. This login email already exists. Please try a different email address to register, or login to your existing services trial account.
You get the said message because you have already used your email to activate other Trend Micro products. You need to use an unregistered email address to activate Trend Micro SafeSync for Business (SSFB).
Activate your SSFB account by doing any of the following:
You can use another e-mail address that has not been registered under any Trend Micro product to continue with the registration of SSFB.
You can verify if your email address has been registered under a SSFB account. You can do this by recovering the password using the e-mail address you are trying to use for the registration. Do the following:
- Go to the Trend Micro Account Forgot Password page.
- Enter your email address and the verification code, and then click Submit.
- If you get the following message, then this means that your email address has already been registered:"Check Your Email
A message with further instructions has been sent to
Some email systems might classify the message as spam, so make sure to check your spam email folder, just in case."You can do any of the following to continue with the registration:
- Use a different e-mail address.
- Update your account with a different email address to free up the current registered email address. For instructions on how to do this, go to Option 3.
- If you get "Please provide a valid email address" message, then it means that you can use your email address to activate SSFB. Go to Option 3.
- If you get the following message, then this means that your email address has already been registered:
You can update your Trend Micro Consumer Account information with a different e-mail address. This will free up the email address you are trying to use for SSFB. Do the following:
- Sign in to your Trend Micro Account for Home and Home Office/Consumer using the email address and password you have registered to Trend Micro.
- After successfully logging in, click Edit in the upper right-hand side corner of the screen.
- When the Edit email address screen appears, type in the new email address you wish to use and retype it in the field below it, and then click OK.
Make sure the email addresses you type into the New Email Address and Retype New Email Address fields are exactly the same.
- Type in your password to confirm the change you want to make. Click OK when you are done.
- When the confirmation screen appears, informing you that the email address change was successful, click Done.
- An email confirming the changes you made will be sent to both the old and new email address. The old email address can now be used to register SSFB.