Create a data storage device for SecureCloud in Amazon, CloudStack, or vCloud.
Do any of the following:
Creating a Device in Amazon
- Go to your Amazon AWS console > Amazon EC2 > Volumes.
- Click Create Volumes and specify the necessary information in the Create Volume page.
Refer to your Amazon documentation for additional details.
Creating a Device in CloudStack
- From the CloudStack console, add a volume. Go to the Storage/Volume tab > Add Volume.
- Provide the information for the following fields:
- Availability Zone
- Disk Offering
- Click OK to create a new device.
Creating a Device in vCloud
When adding a data disk to a vCloud vApp, the disk must be attached to a free, logical unit number (LUN) on the first controller that is in use. Also, the use of mixed type of SCSI controllers are not supported and may result in failure to encrypt the disk or unwanted loss of data.
Refer to your vCloud documentation for additional details.
- On your vCloud Director console, add a disk to the VM. Go to My Cloud > VMS.
- Right-click on the VM where you want to add a disk, and then select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Hardware tab and then click Add.
- Click OK. After you create the data storage in the cloud service provider, you may need to restart the VM to get the new devices.