Get information about the upgrade path from FDE 3.0 SP7 to FDE 3.1.2.
Trend Micro is currently developing and testing an upgrade path from FDE SP7G (126.96.36.1991) to FDE 3.1.2. The target release for the upgrade is on August 2012. This has a limited Beta availability on July.
Please take note of the following when upgrading to FDE 3.1.2:
- The supported upgrade path is for FDE SP7G (188.8.131.521) only.
- The upgrade may be applied directly from Windows or command line only. Updates from the PolicyServer will not be tested or supported.
- The following supported operating systems (OS) are in scope:
- Windows XP (32 bit)
- Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
This applies to English OS only.
- Currently installed DriveArmor needs to be uninstalled before installing the latest version, FDE 3.1.2.
- If you have the software based encryption on an Opal or Drive Trust drive, running the FDE 3.1.2 update file will only update the software based encryption. To get the SED (Self Encrypting Drives) management capabilities of FDE 3.1.2 software based decryption, you need to uninstall the old version before installing the latest version, FDE 3.1.2.