Use Case Diagnostic Tool v2.5 Build 1174 as a stand-alone tool for debugging and collecting logs in Endpoint Security Platform (ESP) and CPM, so you do not have to manually debug the target endpoints. This tool is available in the Download Center.
There are two diagnostic fixlets in the ESP console that are used to collect ESP and CPM component log files for analysis:
- Core Protection Module – Execute CPM Diagnostic Tool (CDT)
- Troubleshooting – Run BES Client Diagnostics
However, these fixlets can only collect logs available on the target endpoints. This limits your ability, as administrators, to enable debug mode and capture real-time events needed for analysis.
Follow these steps to use the tool:
- Go to the Trend Micro Download Center.
- Download and extract the cdt-25-win-en-1174.zip file on the target endpoint where you want to debug and collect logs from.
- Double-click CaseDiagnosticTool.exe to open the Case Diagnostic Tool interface.
- Select the events for any of the products detected:
- Trend Micro OfficeScan Client
- Trend Micro ESP
- Trend Micro Core Protection Module
- Trend Micro Core Protection Module Server
- Click Next and then click the Start Debug Mode button to enable debugging.
- Click the Stop Debug Mode button after reproducing the issue.
- Click Next > Next > Finish to complete the task.