When performing a VDI pool recreation (delete and add) in the VMware connection server administration console, VDI guests are duplicated in the OfficeScan console and old VDI guests prior to the operation are offline. The duplicated guests have to be manually deleted from the OfficeScan console client tree.
- Recommended: The OfficeScan server is dedicated to VDI infrastructure.
- VDI pool has been created successfully and synchronized once in the OfficeScan console.
- OfficeScan server connection verification is enabled and scheduled for 1 hour.
Automatic Pool Management:
- In the VMware connection server administration console, only use pool recreation (delete and add again) if needed. To automatically update the OfficeScan console without having duplicated guests, delete the clients (agents) during or just after the operation. VDI guests will appear in the OfficeScan as the pool management process goes on.
- To have this process automated in OfficeScan, use the recompose method in the VMware connection server administration console instead of recreating (deleting and adding) a pool within your change management process.
- In the VMware connection administration console, click Pools on the left side menu of the web page.
- On the main page, double-click the pool that will be loaded.
- Under the Settings tab, click View Composer > Recompose.
- Follow the wizard instructions and select the new snapshot of the updated base image.
- See the scheduled method in the Tasks tab.
- Wait for VMware connection server to accomplish the task.
- Force or wait for the next connection verification with clients (agents).
- Wait for the communication process and the OSCE database update to complete.
VDI guests will have online status and there will be no more possibility of duplicate VDI guests.